Welcome to OELASmart
The purpose of the Ohio Employment Lawyers Association (OELA) is to promote the interests of individual employees and to assist the lawyers who represent them. OELA members are attorneys who dedicate 70% or more of their employment practice to representing people, not companies. OELA attorneys vindicate employee rights, such as discrimination, sexual harassment and wrongful discharge. OELA is a state affiliate of the National Employment Lawyers Association ("NELA").
OELASmart.net is OELA's website. For the public, OELASmart has an Employment Rights Library, with links on the left side of this page. For OELA Members, OELASmart.net provides a Listserve, a document bank, case summaries, employment law articles and other resources. To become a Member, join us. If you have any questions about OELASmart or need assistance using its resources, contact Neil Klingshirn.
OELA Press Releases
- Ohio Senate Bill 268 Guts Ohio’s Laws Prohibiting Discrimination against Women, Older Workers, Employees with Disabilities, Veterans, Minorities and Religious EmployeesFeb 24, 2016
- Legislation Robs Women, Minorities and People with Disabilities of Protections Against Discrimination and Harassment in the WorkplaceFeb 3, 2016
- Ohio Senator Coley Introduces Bill to protect Sexual PredatorsOct 20, 2012
- Another Attack on Ohio Workers: Draft Bill Seeks to Gut Ohio’s Laws Prohibiting Sex, Age, Race, Disability and Other Forms of Discrimination by Eliminating Protections for Most Ohio WorkersDec 9, 2011
- OELA Opposes Ohio Chamber Legislation Gutting Civil Rights ProtectionsOct 24, 2011
- What skills do new lawyers need now—and what can wait? Database lets you search for answers20 hours ago from ABA Journal
- ABA urges Supreme Court to apply ruling limiting laches defense to patent cases22 hours ago from ABA Journal
- Judge rules bitcoin isn’t money, tosses money laundering charges1 day ago from ABA Journal
- New Jersey Supreme Court to decide if email log is covered by open records law1 day ago from ABA Journal
- Cartoon contest: Will these birds not be mating for life?2 days ago from ABA Journal