Welcome to OELASmart
The purpose of the Ohio Employment Lawyers Association (OELA) is to promote the interests of individual employees and to assist the lawyers who represent them. OELA members are attorneys who dedicate 70% or more of their employment practice to representing people, not companies. OELA attorneys vindicate employee rights, such as discrimination, sexual harassment and wrongful discharge. OELA is a state affiliate of the National Employment Lawyers Association ("NELA").
OELASmart.net is OELA's website. For the public, OELASmart has an Employment Rights Library, with links on the left side of this page. For OELA Members, OELASmart.net provides a Listserve, a document bank, case summaries, employment law articles and other resources. To become a Member, join us. If you have any questions about OELASmart or need assistance using its resources, contact Neil Klingshirn.
OELA Press Releases
- Legislation Robs Women, Minorities and People with Disabilities of Protections Against Discrimination and Harassment in the WorkplaceFeb 3, 2016
- Sales Tax on Legal Services Hurts Ohio Employees and the Employment Dispute Resolution ProcessApr 4, 2013
- Ohio Senator Coley Introduces Bill to protect Sexual PredatorsOct 20, 2012
- Another Attack on Ohio Workers: Draft Bill Seeks to Gut Ohio’s Laws Prohibiting Sex, Age, Race, Disability and Other Forms of Discrimination by Eliminating Protections for Most Ohio WorkersDec 9, 2011
- OELA Opposes Ohio Chamber Legislation Gutting Civil Rights ProtectionsOct 24, 2011
- Law firms told to do better on promise to provide ongoing PRIME student support5 hours ago from Legal Week
- Transfer Window: PwC, Kennedys and Latham all make hires8 hours ago from Legal Week
- Slaughters Hong Kong corporate star Neil Hyman to leave the firm10 hours ago from Legal Week
- Tougher, simpler bar-passage requirements for law schools to be considered by ABA committee17 hours ago from ABA Journal
- Bird & Bird net debt climbs by 17% year on year18 hours ago from Legal Week